In the spring of 1939 North Orange Baptist Church became more than a plan. What started with nineteen adults and several children grew to a membership of eighty-nine with one hundred enrolled in Sunday School by June, 1939. During the decade of the forties the church utilized several different buildings for worship and educational needs. These early years of the church’s history climaxed with the dedication of a beautiful new sanctuary in 1949. This sanctuary is located, and still stands, at 1301 North Tenth Street.
On the first Sunday of October, 1979 the church celebrated its first Bible study and worship service at its new location on a twelve-acre tract of land on north Highway 87. In the spring of 1989 the church completed construction on our Christian Life Center building with its much needed educational and recreational space. In 1999 our preschoolers and children moved into the new Children’s Educational building. At the same time, the south education wing was remodeled for adults and a choir suite was added.
NOBC is indeed a church with many blessings. Our location and facilities are excellent, but even better; our people are known for having a sweet spirit and open arms for all new people.
Pastors of North Orange Baptist Church
- Jaroy Weber 1939 – 1949
- Earl Barnes 1949 – 1951
- Cecil W. Williams 1951 – 1972
- Lynn Ashcraft 1973 – 2005
- Scott McIntosh 2007 – 2015
- Chip Anthony 2018-